World’s Largest Garden Party
There is a month-long garden party going during the month of June. The Greater Philadelphia Gardens is celebrating gardening at 16 different gardens with over 35 events including Sunset Sippin’ at the Scott Arboretum.
It’s a celebration of all the things you can enjoy in the gardens, in addition to their natural beauty – concerts, dance performances, galas, picnics, wine and beer tastings, treehouses, children’s events, and more.
Among the highlights:
* A free outdoor Neighborhood Concert by the Philadelphia Orchestra in the beautiful grounds of Cabrini College in Radnor, which is celebrating its 50th Anniversary.
* A dance performance in the gardens of Chanticleer in Wayne, performed by Music & Motion Dance.
* Spectacular tree-house exhibits, at Longwood Gardens in Chester County and Tyler Arboretum in Delaware County, that give a different spin to a backyard favorite.
* Groovin’ in the Garden concerts at Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania in Chestnut Hill, with picnicking in the grounds.
* A Day of Relaxation at Shofuso Japanese House & Garden in Fairmount Park that highlights Shiatsu massage, a tea ceremony, and lunch in the garden.
* An intriguing exhibit at Bartram’s Garden, Mark Dion: Travels of William Bartram-Reconsidered, that interweaves the past and the present in surprising ways.
That’s just a taste of all there is to enjoy in Greater Philadelphia’s public gardens throughout June. Visit www.GreaterPhiladelphiaGardens.org to learn about all the great activities at the Scott Arboretum and other areas gardens