Dawn to Dusk, 365 days a year
Monday through Friday,
8:30 am to noon and 1:00 to 4:30 pm.
Please visit Swarthmore College’s current COVID policies for visitors to learn more.
Travel by Car
From the Airport
- Take PA-291 W, S Sellers Ave, Morton Ave and Swarthmore Ave to Elm Ave in Swarthmore
- Continue on Elm Ave. Drive to College Ave
- Find parking near our location: 500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, PA 19081
Public Transit Options
SEPTA Regional Rail
- Take SEPTA‘s Media/Wawa line, Swarthmore station.
- Walk up the hill on the tree-lined Magill Walk
- Turn right in front of Parrish Hall at the top of the hill
- Proceed past the library to the Arboretum headquarters.
SEPTA Bus Route
- The SEPTA bus route 109, 69th Street Terminal to Chester, has a bus stop at Chester Rd (Route 320) and College Ave.
- After departing from the bus, walk up the hill (College Ave.) to the Arboretum Offices on your left.
- Cedar Lane
- College Avenue
Scott Arboretum signs will be posted before the events start to direct visitors to the appropriate parking lot; walking signs will direct people to the correct building.
Check out the Swarthmore College Campus Map
The interactive map provides information on trails, offices, and parking.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Arboretum
Explore the gardens before you arrive. Explore by:
Guided & Self-guided tours available
The Scott Arboretum offers regularly scheduled staff led tours. Groups of 10+ interested in a guided tour should contact the Offices:
phone: 610-328-8025 | email: email@example.com
We’re not your garden variety Arboretum
The mission of the Scott Arboretum is to delight and educate all visitors and inspire them to enjoy the many benefits of horticulture. All of our gardens feature plant varieties that grow well in this area and encourage wise stewardship. We want to share our knowledge about:
- sustainable gardening
- year round garden interest
- creating a garden for everyone to enjoy year round