- This event has passed.
In-person: Spring Bulb Container Planting
November 9, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmSOLD OUT
Join Jeff Jabco and Julie Jenney for an in-person, hands-on bulb planting demonstration. Each participant will receive a 15-inch diameter plastic container, soil, and enough bulbs to give your spring container an on-going display! They will be teaching the layering method – where late season tulips are planted first at the bottom of the pot, mid-season daffodils are planted next, and the early spring blooming crocus are planted near the top. When spring arrives and the bulbs start to grow, they make way for each other, with each succession hiding the fading leaves of the first. Ideas for a top-dressing will also be shared, as well as how to keep your pots protected from rodents, and where the best spot is to leave your container – as it is meant to be kept outside all winter.
Location will be outside in a tent, please dress accordingly. Please be sure to read the important information below before registering.
Important information about this event. Thank you for reading before registering:
- This in-person workshop is limited to 20 people.
- Online payment is required to register and is open to the first 20 people who sign up. No checks or cash will be accepted.
- It will take place rain or shine, and in the event of inclement weather or other extreme event, this event will be cancelled and instead, all supplies will be available for pick-up at the Scott Arboretum during 2 to 4 pm on Tuesday, November 9. No early or late pick-ups will be permitted.
- Non-vaccinated participants are asked to please wear a mask.
- Restrooms will be available in the Wister Center.
- Please note there may be some distance to walk from your car to where the tent is located.