- This event has passed.
Brandywine Cottage Drive on Your Own Trip
October 6, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmSOLD OUT
RAIN DATE: Please reserve Friday, October 8 @ 10 am – 12 pm on your calendar (refunds will not be given if you can’t make the rain date)
Meet at the designated parking area at 9:50 am
Please be sure to read the important information below before registering
Brandywine Cottage is David Culp’s beloved 2-acre Downingtown, Pennsylvania garden where he has mastered the design technique of layering: inter-planting many different species in the same area so that as one plant passes its peak, another takes over. It is a stunning garden in every season and we will be visiting when the meadow should be reaching its autumn display. Brandywine Cottage is listed in the Smithsonian Institution Archives of American Gardens. Visit David’s website https://www.davidlculp.com/ to see all of the beautiful images and information about Brandywine Cottage and what David has created.
A member of the Scott Arboretum, David Culp has been lecturing about gardens nationwide for more than 25 years, and he is the author of two exquisite books, The Layered Garden and A Year at Brandywine Cottage. He is the Principle of David L. Culp Designs, the owner of Brandywine Snowdrops, and the herbaceous perennials instructor at Longwood Gardens. This is really only a short list of all that David has accomplished and is a part of! He will be with us during this visit to walk us through the garden, sharing plant stories and information along the way.
Member price: SOLD OUT
Important information about this event. Thank you for reading before registering:
- This drive-on-your-own trip is limited to 30 members of the Associates of the Scott Arboretum.
- To learn how to become a member, click here.
- Online payment is required to register and is open to the first 30 members who sign up. No checks or cash will be accepted.
- Please reserve Friday, October 8 from 10 am – 12 pm on your calendar as the rain date. Refunds will not be given if you can’t make the rain date.
- Non-vaccinated participants are asked to please wear a mask.
- Restrooms will not be available.
- Directions will be emailed to participants the week of the trip.
- Please be sure to bring your own water – no food or beverages will be served at the garden.